KI UNIQUE BASIC POINTS
There are always too many ways of doing things but what everyone aspire for is The Best way of doing something. For GMAT the basic points which are to be considered are as follows:
- Have proficiency in English.
- Prepare the exam keeping in mind the fruits one can get after getting a good score.
- If cramming is done then do it in an intelligent way. That is being clever and not dumb. Remember it’s always better to learn those things which you know are certain to come and be prepared for the ones that can come.
- Consider the fact that many math problems are often repeated in tests. So go through sample test papers as it may make task very easy.
- Apply the process of elimination to your exam. Eliminate the answer choices that are totally out of question, so that you have fewer options to choose.
- Relax in the test rather than panicking and losing marks unnecessarily. You will find that you are calm and collected when you understand all the questions rather than being faced with unknown words.
- Ability to identify question types is very imperative. As similar question is hard to repeat but a similar type of question can easily come again.
- Make educated guesses. And don’t make rash decisions.
- Be relaxed during exam but not too much relaxed so that you’ll forget the answers you know.
- Don't bring a calculator since you're not allowed to use one.
- Avoid distractors while studying like mobiles or television programmes.
- Get into a study routine and design your schedule.
- Memorize few facts at one day and rest at another as this will help you to break down the matter.
- TIME MANAGEMENT:
- Consider how many questions you need to answer
- how heavily they're weighted, and
- how much time is available,
- And then develop a plan
- For example, for two equally weighted essay questions in an hour you may want to allocate approximately 25 minutes per answer, with some time at the beginning to read over the essay topics and some time at the end to proofread. For a multiple-choice or True/False exam, monitor your time periodically to assess whether you're going too quickly, taking too long, or on schedule. If you're spending too much time on a question, attempt an answer as an answer is better in GMAT than no answer.
- IN CASE OF ESSAYS THE BASICS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- CONTENT-The basic thing needed while writing any essay has to be the basic content and the logical reasoning power which the examinee exhibits. It should be kept in mind that what matters most is what you write and what it means. As basically it’s the eligible material that is ranked the highest.
- ORGANISATION- Not just the content but its organization is equally imperative. Organizing the content means putting forth your ideas in a way that you write the most impressive fact at first and then organize as the essay goes further.
- GRAMMATICAL ASPECT-The examinee must keep in mind that the real impact can only reach the examiner if the material written is grammatically correct. However here grammatically correct refers to the basic meaning and not in strict grammatical terms.
Physical preparation gives mental strength. Push yourself, do not give in. Go the extra step and the extra mile.