CLAT shall be conducted in online mode where the paper will have 200 questions from five different subjects which includes :-
- English (Comprehension)
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
- Legal Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
Following are the subject-wise syllabus of the common law admission test-
1. CLAT English Syallabus (including Comprehension):-
- You need to focus over English based comprehension passages and grammar.
- In the comprehension section, you will be questioned on understanding of a passage including its central theme and word-meanings.
- Some of the questions will also cover questions like correction of the incorrect grammatical sentences.
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate words etc.
2. CLAT General Knowledge & Current Affairs Syllabus:-
- This section will test the knowledge of general awareness including static GK.
- Apart from GK, questions will also cover the recent topics and current affairs broadly featuring between March 2015 and April 2016.
3. CLAT Mathematics (Numerical Ability) Syllabus:-
- The questions will generally of the numerical ability type of Class 10th Â standard.
4. CLAT Legal Aptitude Syllabus:-
- The section will majorly test your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability.
- The questions will be framed on legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions. The propositions may not be true in real sense and you will have to assume the true proposition based on the set of facts and answer the questions accordingly.
5. CLAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus:-
- The questions of this section will test your ability to identify the patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments.
- The section will also cover a variety of logical aptitude questions including syllogism, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, the logical reasoning section will not have visual reasoning questions.