KI UNIQUE AWA SECTION
Analytical Writing Assessment
The analytical writing assessment involves AOA and AOI.It means that both essays whose analysis is based on issue or argument are to be written keeping in mind these basic points
While writing an argument essay, one is not required to give his/her opinion
.Other points which are to be kept in mind are:
- Examine the basic argument
- Determine its reasoning
- Determine the assumption and strength of evidence.
- How could the argument have been made stronger?
- If the argument can be made stronger then what types of evidences may have helped in doing so.
Example of an Argument based Essay:
"The best way to reverse Aura Cosmetic's recent decline in profitability is to require each new employee in Aura's sales division to enroll in the popular Sure Sale seminar. Last year, the software company TechAide began incorporating SureSale's week-long seminar into its training program for all new sales employees, and since that time TechAide's total sales have increased dramatically. Also, according to a recent article in a reputable business magazine, the Sure Sale sales system has been widely adopted among the nation's twenty largest companies, and the employee turnover rate at these companies is lower today than five years ago. Therefore, by enrolling Aura sales employees in the Sure Sale seminar Aura will also retain its highest caliber salespeople."
Discuss how logically convincing you find this argument. In your discussion, you should analyze the argument's line of reasoning and use of evidence. It may be appropriate in your critique to call into question certain assumptions underlying the argument and/or to indicate what evidence might weaken or strengthen the argument. It may also be appropriate to discuss how you would alter the argument to make it more convincing and/or discuss what additional evidence, if any, would aid in evaluating the argument.
The main criterion for this essay type is that the examinee can give his /her opinion on the issue.
- An examinee is required to support his/her opinion on the issue. For this it is imperative that they decide that what the opinion should be. For or against and then they should develop their matter as per the thought of mind they are supporting.
- Once the supportive point is decided, the examinee is required to provide concrete examples from own experiences or real life ambiances, in order to support his view point.
Example of an issue based essay
In any large business organization, teamwork is the ultimate key to the organization's success." In your view, how accurate is the foregoing statement?
Use reasons and/or examples from your experience, observation, and/or reading to explain your viewpoint.